YMCA of Dane County Membership
Your YMCA membership is good at all Dane County YMCA branches.
Your membership may be used for member services or program registration at facility member rates. A membership card is issued to every member 8 years old and older. The YMCA requires that all children under the age of 8 have adult supervision at all times. Rates and schedules subject to change. Membership ID Card or Key Tag is required for admittance to facility.
- Paid annually by EFT, VISA™, Discover, or Mastercard™.
- Must be renewed annually.
- If membership lapses, more than 30 days, entry fee must be paid again.
- All membership fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
- Cancellation requires notice by the 25th of the month.
- Cancellations are not accepted by phone or email.
- If membership lapses, more than 30 days, entry fee must be paid again.
- All membership fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All membership draft dates change to the 1st of the month beginning with the April 1st draft.
- Our YMCA will draft monthly membership fees on the first of each month with the payment method that is received at the point of sale. Approved billing methods include checking account EFT, savings account EFT, Visa, or MasterCard. You may however update your preferred method of payment at any time.
- The YMCA of Dane County is not responsible for more than one month’s draft if failure to properly notify the YMCA of an error.
Carry Your Membership ID Card/Key Tag
It is necessary to present your membership ID card or key tag for admittance to your YMCA. If a member forgets his/her card, the member must verify membership with a photo ID. Membership cards are non-transferable. Any member who lends his/her card or assists a non-member in unauthorized use of the facility subjects their membership to revocation.
The YMCA AWAY policy allows you to use YMCAs around the world for low or no charge.
Each membership unit will receive six complimentary guest passes each calendar year to be used to bring in prospective members, friends and family. All passes must be picked up by adults in the family. Guests must present a photo ID card and be with a member when using a pass. An individual may use up to six guest passes per calendar year. This is a member benefit, distributed annually, some restrictions apply. All guest under the age of 16 must be checked in by an adult.
Facility members may also bring guests by paying the following fees. Guests must present photo ID card. Rates are subject to change.
- Youth $ 8.00
- Adult/Senior $15.00
- Family/Household $20.00
Payments made Annual or Continuous through monthly bank draft. See Member Services.
- Monthly Rental Rate $5.00
Facility Member Prices
In order to receive member prices on programs, you must be a member for the entire session.
Credits and Refunds
If the YMCA cancels a class or if the participant has a medical excuse, a credit or refund will be made. Classes not held for holidays or due to inclement weather are not refundable. System credits are good for one year from the date of issue. ALL refunds and system credits will require a 24-hour waiting period.
Returned checks and bank drafts will be assessed a $35 processing fee. All checks will be processed as Electronic Funds Transfer payments.
The YMCA will always put the safety of our members, program members and staff first when decisions need to be made concerning inclement weather. When inclement weather poses a threat, the YMCA may adjust or cancel scheduled hours of operation, programs, and/or special events. If a school district cancels school; then all YMCA off site classes in that particular school district will be cancelled. YMCA facilities will remain open. If such circumstances occur, please refer to our website and/or Facebook page for any severe weather facility closings and updates. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
YMCA Multi-Media Policy
YMCA programs and events are often photographed/videotaped for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be included in YMCA promotional materials, please indicate this to YMCA event and/or program staff. The use of cell phones and other electronic devices are prohibited in ALL locker rooms and restrooms.
Lifestyle Center Age Policy
- Members must be at least 16 years of age to use the Lifestyle Center.
- Members ages 13-15 may attend a Teen Orientation to have limited access to strength and cardio equipment in the Lifestyle Center.
- Members ages 10-15 may attend a Parent/Child orientation to have limited access to cardio equipment in the Lifestyle Center. Parent must directly supervise the child at all times in the Lifestyle Center.
Pool Age Policy
- Children ages 6 and under must be actively supervised by an adult guardian in the water within arms reach.
- One adult needs to be present for every 2 children under the age of 6.
- Children age 7 must be actively supervised by an adult guardian in the pool area.
- Children age 8 who have not passed the deep water test must be actively supervised by an adult guardian in the pool area.
- Persons under the age of 18 must pass the deep water swim test to swim in the deep end of the pool.
Code of Conduct
The mission of the YMCA of Dane County, Inc.,
is to respond to needs of families through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all. The YMCA principles include honesty, responsibility, caring and respect. They are the basis for all we do as an organization. Using them as a guide, we have developed the following Code of Conduct to ensure that all who enter our facility enjoy a safe, welcoming and comfortable environment.
We ask individuals to act in a manner that upholds these principles at all times when they are in our facility or participating in YMCA programs. We expect those using the YMCA to behave in a way that shows respect and caring for others, which includes not using any language or engaging in any action that can hurt or frighten another person or that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct. Actions not showing respect for others and are not permitted include:
- Wearing inappropriate attire. Attire must include swimsuits only in the pool area; shoes, shorts and shirt or leotard in other areas of the facility. Clothing with vulgar or profane writing or pictures is not allowed.
- Using angry or vulgar language; swearing, name calling or shouting.
- Making physical contact with another person in an angry or threatening way.
- Engaging in sexual activity or contact with another person.
- Harassment or intimidation with words, gestures, or body language.
- Behavior which is inappropriate, threatening or offensive in nature.
- Stealing or behavior which results in destruction of property.
- Carrying or concealing devices or objects which may be used as weapons.
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on YMCA property or in vehicles.
- Smoking. All YMCA facilities and grounds offer a smoke free environment.
The YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender.
Members and guests are encouraged to be responsible for their personal well-being. Feel free to ask any person to refrain from any activity that threatens your comfort. If the situation needs additional assistance, YMCA staff are always available.
The Branch Executive will investigate all reported incidents. If the Branch Executive determines a violation of this Code of Conduct has occurred,
suspension or termination of YMCA membership privileges as stated in YMCA policy may result.
Abuse Prevention Statement
Your child’s safety is our priority. That is why as part of the YMCA of Dane County established abuse prevention program, background checks and references are completed on all employees and volunteers.
Supervision of Children
The YMCA requires that all children under the age of 8 have adult supervision at all times.
Available for children ages 6 weeks through 7 years. Available for a small fee. Not available on holidays. Hours are subject to change. Check hours on your Branch webpage.